CBS chairman and former CEO Les Monfils will miss the company without paying $ 120 million, the CBS board said Monday night.
Monfils, who has been leading the CBS since 2007, left the company in September after 12 women accused him of sexual harassment and intimidation in two New Yorker articles published in July and September.
At the time of his departure, the council said the nine-digit separation package would be subject to the results of its investigation in Monfils, CBS News and the company's cultural issues raised by the New Yorker stories. A month earlier, shortly after the first New Yorker story about Monfils, CBS hired two companies, Covington & Burling, Deepwaz and Belmonton, to invest the allegations.
On Monday, the board said the investigation had been completed and that Monfils would be expelled for the case after the company was misled and investigated.
"We have decided that there are reasons to end the case, including his deliberate and material misconduct, violation of company policies and violation of his contract of employment, as well as his deliberate failure to cooperate fully with the company's investigation," according to a statement from the CBS board.
"Investigators also concluded that harassment and retaliation do not spread through CBS, but investigators have learned of past incidents of inappropriate and unprofessional conduct and concluded that the company's policies, practices and historical structures did not reflect a high institutional priority in preventing harassment and retaliation."
As a result, further initiatives are under way to improve working conditions, including the appointment of a new "chief police officer".
Three weeks ago, the New York Times published some of the devastating allegations uncovered by investigators, including allegations of harassment between the whirlpool this year, Monfils tried to silence one of the defendants by taking a role in the CBS program.
According to a draft of the investigators' report in late November, which was reviewed by the Times, "Monfils" "participated in multiple acts of unacceptable sexual misconduct in the workplace and outside, both before and after it came to the CBS in 1995."
Monfils 'lawyer, Andrew Leavander, Monfils' lawyer, said in a statement Monday that the council's "unfounded" conclusions were "prepaid and unworthy". Monfils strongly denies any unsatisfactory sexual relations and cooperates intensively and fully with investigators. "
Moonves and CBS said when the company left they would donate $ 20 million, originally earmarked for part, to organizations that support the #MeToo Women's Equality Movement in the workplace.
On Friday, CBS announced 18 organizations receiving $ 20 million, including the National Women's Legal Center, RAINN, Time's Up Entertainment and Media's Media Center.
"I am deeply saddened by the fact that I left the company," Monfils said in a statement issued when his departure was announced that the allegations were "incorrect" and "inconsistent with what I am."